Thursday, December 31, 2015

15 Things I Did This Year.

It's New Years Eve and a good time to reflect on the year that has been. This year there have been many adventures and we have followed each other's travels overseas to places like South America, India, Italy, North America, Romania and New Zealand, we have celebrated each others birthdays (especially 3 very special 21st's), and graduations. 2015 has been an incredible year so here is just a summary from each of us; the 15 things we did in 2015 ... 

Happy New Year guys!! 

- The Mosaik Team  

Nicole. 
1. Attended a life drawing class 2. Began pen-palling with a friend 3. Visited an underground mine  4. Ran (...jogged for the first 500m then walked) the Colour Run 5. Unintentionally killed two succulent plants that I was told you couldn't kill 6. Revived a succulent plant 7. Had a cup of coffee every single day of the year 8. Became a YMCA Leader at camps for traumatised youth 9. Ran a market stall 10. Enrolled in screen-printing classes and learnt how to screen print 11. Re-watched every season of Gilmore Girls 12. Got lost driving to a friends house so turned around and drove back home 13. Hosted a number of dinner parties for my close friends 14. Attended five camps in one year 15. Planned my first Christmas away from my family.




Christine.
1. Learnt how to screen-print. 2. Held my first market stall. 3. Studied in Italy. 4. Had my first industrial design exhibition. 5. Got an internship. 6. Visited World Expo 2015. 7. Bought my own domain name. 8. Learnt how to slip-cast. 9. Got a bike! (from my friends! And i love it!) 10. Saw Sam Smith perform. 11. Wrote up a business plan. 12. Said goodbye to my role as College Advisor at Monash (sad face :| ). 13. Said hello to a new job at Kikki.K 14. Did a brush-script lettering class. 15. Documented ideas for something great :)



Olivia.
1. Got my licence 2. Graduated from Advertising 3. Got a job at Kikki K 4. Held my university ball 5. Got an internship and then they messed up 6. Became a Belieber 7. Got a puppy 8. Reversed my car into a brick wall 9. Stopped being a teenager 10. Hit and killed a possum 11. Told everyone I hit and killed a possum 12. Went to too many 21st's and lost all my money buying people presents 13. Got into my midwifery degree 14. Got staff parking 15. I went to the moped store and said fuck it.



Alessandra.
1.Graduated from my course. 2.Took part in the Run for Kids 3.Saw Sam Smith in Concert 4. Rode a Camel 5. Held my first market stall. 6. Got a new job 7. Took part in the Colour Run 8. Saw Florence and the Machine perform. 9. Watched 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls for the first time and cried heavily at the end. 10. Took part in my first professional art exhibition 11. Let go of my teenage years and became a 20 year old 12. Went to the James Turrell exhibition in Canberra (before Drake even made him cool) and braved the stimulated pod 13. Ate a deep fried Golden Gaytime 14. Took a Jewellery class in Pushkar and made a ring with a Rose Quartz in it. 15. Found out my star sign was actually a Cancer and not a Leo due to the time of my birth.



Miriam. 
1. Saw the goddess, Florence Welch live in concert. 2. Travelled to the United States and fell in love with Washington DC. 3. Travelled interstate with friends twice. 4. Released my creative side by exploring the world of make up 5. Developed an intense obsession with collecting eye shadow palettes as a result of #4. 6. Found a part time job I adore. 7. Bought a car. 8. Began volunteering with Business Chicks. 9. Reached the halfway point in my degree. 10. Attended a professional media event for Mosaik. 11. Watched more television than I really should admit. 12. Ate more brunch than I really should admit. 13. Redecorated my study. 14.  Made it through Melbourne's infamous Kokoda Memorial Trail. 15. Ate a deep fried Golden Gaytime (Yes I'm stealing this off you Ally, but it seriously was such a highlight).




Sarah.
1. Began the New Year in Byron at Falls Festival 2. Then took off to Peru for 3 weeks 3. Saw One Direction perform for the last time as a whole 4. Spent 3 days in Tokyo Disneyland with my best friend 5. Developed a mighty fine earring collection 6. Got a bigger bed 7. Got an internship 8. Organised an epic ball  9. Lived out my dream to dress up as Princess Jasmine 10. Became miserable because I cannot dress up like her everyday  11. Transformed into Rudolph for the night 12. Graduated from RMIT 13. Developed a love and appreciation for lifting heavy weights 14. Went to Williamstown beach at 1am after work 15. Realised that everything will always work out when and how it needs to.




Isabella.
1.Became a door to door sales person, selling solar panels 2. Got a volunteer spot at Monash University Museum of Art  3. Attended my first Golden Plains Music Festival 4. Received my Maltese Passport 5. Studied and lived a semester in Italy 6. Worked in a workshop with an Italian filmmaker in Milan 7. Attended the 2015 Venice Biennale 8. Travelled to Turkey, Bulgaria and Romania 9. Learnt and saw how communism had effected Bulgaria and Romania 10. Visited Pompeii and Climbed Mt.Vesuvius 11. Entered more churches, mosques and palaces I have ever entered before 12. Saw the statue of David 13. Went to Transylvania and went inside Dracula's Castle. 14. Had fun, travelled and partied with people from all other the world that I will never forget 15. Attended Meredith Music Festivals Silver Jubilee.




Tess.
1.Became a morning person 2. Met new people who are now profoundly important to me 3. Amassed even more books 4. Collected every colour of the rainbow in lipstick (in multiple finishes and consistencies) 5. Rekindled love for painting 6. Did a successful handstand that one time 7. Went to New Zealand to fulfil dream of becoming a hobbit 8. Did not become hobbit 9. Threw self out of plane in response to failure of becoming a hobbit 10. Ate part of a glacier (mmm, refreshing) 11. Embraced love of coffee so much that I now smell like coffee 90% of the time 12. Went on many a road trips 13. Discovered new found love for yoga and pilates 14. Filed 5 incident reports at my work in a 2 month period 15. Provided the services of Tess' Ratchet Salon at 3 festivals. 


Beth 
1.Developed an intense passion for women's health 2.Completed my first full year of uni 3.Started art classes again for the first time since high school 4.Took the longest time I have ever taken to read a novel 5.Started writing letters on a regular basis 6.Felt as if I had made true positive change in someone else's life 7.Accidentally taught young children about the birds and the bees 8.Created my own business 9.Got into running 10.Had my first green juice (and haven't looked back!) 11.Saw my all time favorite artwork in the flesh (Christina's World by Andrew Wyeth,1948) 12.Felt comfortable with my body shape 13.Had an interstate weekend away on my own 14.Celebrated two years in a long term relationship 15.Built unexpected and truly lovely friendships.





No comments:

Post a Comment