Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Reader Favourite Three Words



My three favourite words are "I'd love to", because as we head into our adult years/our twenties, I know I have been living life in constant doubt, due to bad friendships and relationships in the past. Once you've been hurt that many times, you kind of find it hard to trust someone completely. But as soon as they say those words after you ask them something, "I'd love to", you know, that without a doubt, that this is a good person, that they want to be there, to help, to accompany you etc, whatever it is. And in that moment, you learn to stop doubting everyone.

- C

My three favourite words are "[we're] proud of you". To know that someone is proud of you is one of my favourite pieces of knowledge to hold. Pride in oneself is one of the my biggest motivators. Last  year, three months after turning 18, I moved out of home and to a city that is three hours away from my parents. It has been an emotional roller-coaster, and there has been numerous times where I will call my Mum and Dad in tears because I miss them and living away from your parents is hard. However, they never fail to mention every time that I speak to them, how proud of me they are. Then I start crying happy tears instead.

And you know what? I'm pretty proud of me, too.

- G

My three favourite words are "Let's do something". Not as sentimental as most three worded statements, but what I love about these three words is all the possibilities they present. Growing up I always felt super restricted from doing things spontaneously, because I would always have to ask for permission and what I wanted to do and where I went was always under consideration by those in charge of me. Of course this is a normal procedure of growing up, but to me the world seems so big and I've seen and experienced so little of it, there is so much to conquer. "Let's do something" exhilarates me to seize every opportunity and await in complete anticipation for the happenings that will emerge from those words. The best part about these words is that you will always have a partner in crime to join you on the multiple possibilities "let's do something" will lead to.

- D

No comments:

Post a Comment