Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Movie Review-vie: Chef.

It is very hard for me to watch films about food. Very hard. Saliva fills my mouth and I start to get hungry, instantly craving whatever is on the screen. I go to the fridge and pantry to find something but  there is nothing that could even slightly compare to what I'm seeing and I just go back to watching the movie and convince myself I'm going to start cooking more.

This is literally how Chef made me feel.Hungry... but also happy, incredibly happy.

Jon Favreau, the director and star of the film found the perfect recipe and created a rare feel good movie (where I actually felt good and I didn't cringe at the corniness.) The cast was incredibly diverse, fresh and funny. The story line was relevant and original. When it ended I wanted to do the conga, order a cuban sandwich and go on a road trip all at the same time. 

Rated: As beautiful as Sofia Vergara (she's in it too, so in case I haven't convinced you yet ...) 

- Alessandra 





No comments:

Post a Comment