Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tahina.


I was told about this little gem that is Tahina, on one of my very first days at my internship. Everyone was raving about how great the food was, and how they all couldn't wait until lunch time. In typical Sarah Pizzonia style, I brought my lunch in my little Tupperware container and had to wait until the following week to try it. And boy was I missing out.

Located on High St Northcote with its neon blue sign, Tahina has so much to offer with its vegetarian Israeli street food menu. Falafels in pita pockets, shakshuka, grilled eggplants, tahini, quinoa salads and lots of hummus are what you have to look forward to. Not to mention, they have an awesome and delicious selection of super smoothies, if you aren't quite up for a meal.

Every bite (or slurp) is so wholesome, you can taste the freshness of the ingredients and the passion that goes into making them. Every bite is an explosion on Middle Eastern flavours that leave you wanting more, but feeling completely nourished and full.

So get yourself down to 223 High Street Northcote and nourish your body and soul with their delicious creations.

Facebook: Tahina
Instagram: @tahinabar

- Sarah 



* Mosaik does not take credit for the images used in this article. Photographer Brodie Chan, courtesy of Broasheet

No comments:

Post a Comment