Saturday, June 28, 2014

Darcy.


I have only a vague idea of when or where I met Isabella, or Darcy as she is more commonly known, but I’m glad I did. I think we were brought together by our shared love for art, Asian food and Lana Del Rey. When I think of Darc I instantly think of cats; her world revolves around them. (If you saw her Instagram you would think she was part of a cat cult. For real though.) She is the ultimate cat lady and yet she doesn’t have a cat of her own (I have initiated a campaign called Cats4Darcy2014 to raise awareness and combat this injustice.)
Apart from being a crazy cat lady Isabella is an amazing artist as well as the sweetest, kindest and most lovely person. She is constantly thinking about others and she is so accepting of everyone and every ones differences. She doesn’t let anything define her, especially not other people’s expectations.  
I asked her for a quote that sums her up and she gave me one from a Studio Ghilibi film called Neko no ongaeshi 'The Cat Returns' (of course).
“Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are you will have nothing to fear” Darcy is currently studying Fine Arts at Monash University and has a very bright future ahead of her I am sure.                                                                                                          

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment