Tuesday, March 10, 2015

People Profile: Lisa Pignataro




As a fellow student from my old high school, I met Lisa through a friend of a friend. She is a caring and compassionate soul, whose love for life, fashion, family and friends shines through her photography. The combination of colour and lighting always captures the true beauty of her subject matter; making each photograph as captivating as the next.

I was very excited for her to be apart of our People Profile series. Here are a few questions she has answered for us here at Mosaik:

What began your love for photography?
Whenever I could get my hands on a camera I would just take photos of everyone and everythingI loved looking at old family photographs, and seeing the change in people, places and things over time, I think my love for photography developed without me realising! 

What inspires you the most to be creative?
I am open to inspiration in everyday life; everything is always changing, there is a different world-wide trend every week, I think being able to propose ideas from new or re-developed parts of life is always a great source of inspiration.

What is your favourite subject to photograph?
Over the last few months while curating a portfolio on "Portraits of Women" I realised I have taken to fashion photography! I have always been involved in fashion one way or another, I guess it was inevitable that it would show up through my work!

Who would be your ultimate dinner date?
My perfect dinner date, I would love to say Michael Bublé, but recently I have really started to fall in love with Mario Testino and his work! Now I can say, my ultimate dinner date would be Mario Testino, his work is ever-inspiring and flawless!

What makes you most happiest?
My family and closest friends! I am so blessed to have such an amazing family and small selection of people, who are always supporting me, and are my best friends! Being able to be in such a positive environment full of genuine love, is something not a lot of people get to experience, their happiness makes me happy!

What is your favourite thing about living in Melbourne?
I love living in Melbourne because it's so versatile! I recently travelled around Europe alone, and in doing so I was able to see amazing places, and meet great people, but soon realised Europe is so beautiful because its history and culture is almost at a standstill, something you rarely see here at home! Melbourne's fast paced, ever-growing city keeps it pretty fresh! 

Who are your idols?
My parents! My mum is an amazing woman, always looking for a better way to understand the world; a constant motivator in my life, who is the most genuine person I've ever met! My dad just so happens to be the hardest working man I know, seeing the way he has always worked, day in - day out, to provide an immaculate life for his family is something special! He has always told me I can be anything I want to be, he is always believing in me and whatever I chose to do!

If you didn’t love photography what would you be doing?
If I didn't love photography, I would be working with children at a special school, which I hope to do sometime soon!

What is one piece of advice that you will never forget being given?
My mum always says, "love yourself first" Its the best piece of advice given to me, it's probably one of the hardest I've had to understand as well, I've learned that if you're not able to love yourself, and know your worth, you cannot expect to receive love, or genuinely give to anything with 100% of your heart. 

What do you wish people did more often?
I wish people would be more understanding and open to love. The brutality in the world these days amongst humanity is at an all time high, I wish people would let themselves be open to being in love, sharing love, and accepting love. 

Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
100%! Sometimes I think we won't be able to ever grasp the reason and we will grapple with it until we go insane but sometimes the pieces of the puzzle fit together effortlessly, either way I think there are no coincidences in this world, just very obvious moments of fate. 

Check out Lisa's photography and support her here: 


- S.P.






No comments:

Post a Comment