Tuesday, February 24, 2015

'What's In My Bag?' Series: Alessandra.

I have never been someone to carry around a bag. I just hated the fact that I had to lug around something all the time so I used to take a much simpler approach and store my phone and my money (the essentials) in my pockets, or the left cup of my bra (but only in the unlikely event that my outfit did not feature pockets).

Despite my mum's nagging I saw no use for a handbag, until one disastrous day when I was in a rush and had run to the toilet. As soon as I went to sit down my phone decided to take a dive, causing irreversible water damage and another three shifts at work before I could afford a new phone. 

So for Christmas I bought myself a bag. I spent a whole day scouting out the perfect one, something in leather, something just big enough for uni - but also not too big - something minimalist and simple, and suddenly, just behind the shoulder of the sales assistant I was casually flirting with, there it was! My attention was immediately redirected and five minutes later I had my new bag. It was quickly wrapped with a card signed "To A, With Love, From A xx" and placed under the tree.

On Christmas morning I unwrapped it with delight and I haven't gone bagless since. 







A's Daily Survival Kit (A.K.A What's in my bag):





  • Wallet: The wallet is also new. I bought it on sale and it is just perfect! It is just big enough to hold my cards and money, but it never gets bulky. 
  • Mentos (or any other minty goodness I find lying around): I am addicted to oral hygiene (like I actually have been told I have a problem by my dentist). Once I was brushing my teeth up to five times a day and after a routine checkup my dentist told me I needed to cut down, so I now just brush them the recommended two times a day and have a mentos or piece of gum in-between (this particular packet I stole from my mum's car)
  • Car keys: The weird black square thing is my car key. My keys work on a sensor, which still freaks me out a little. My mum gifted me the keyring when I finally got my licence. 
  • Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment: If you have this little red tube with you you are literally invincible!  I don't know who Lucas is but I would like to take this opportunity to thank him on behalf of women everywhere. Seriously, this stuff is so good I once let my dad try some and he secretly went out and bought two tubes which I later found stashed in his car. 
  • Sunglasses: Because there is glare in the world. 
  • L'Occitane Hand Cream: An Impulse buy that I will never regret.
  • A Novella: I have a rule that I will only carry novellas because novels are too heavy and they will weigh me down if there is an apocalypse (this rule was made to be broken). I highly recommend Agatha Christie or Ian Fleming books which you can buy for $5 at most second hand book stores.  
  • A Notepad and Pen: I carry with me the coolest note pad ever that N and C gifted me from Japan. Each sheet in the notepad has directions on how to turn the sheet into a paper plane after you have written down your note.  Despite having an app on my phone where I can write notes I love having a physical note pad and pen where I can hand write things out and make lists of the things I need to do.

  • -A

    No comments:

    Post a Comment