Thursday, November 5, 2015

Movie Review-vie: The One I Love.


Don't read about this movie. Don't even read this. Just go and watch it. 

The One I Love, directed by Charlie McDowell is possibly one of the smartest and understated movies I've watched in a while. The film is ultimately a psychological thriller, a contemporary version of The Twilight Zone, as a couple in a failing marriage go on a weekend retreat and find themselves in "some weird version of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss' acting is the crux to the entire success of the film as they don't leave you bored for a moment, despite being the only two actors in this film. The soundtrack and the skillful editing also aid this suspenseful comedy that leaves you gasping at the end. (Sidenote: Elisabeth Moss is just bloody brilliant and everything she touches should just be given an award).
 
I wish I could say more but I can't. I don't want to spoil anything.
Just go and watch it. Please. 
So then I can talk to you about it.
-Alessandra












* Mosaik does not take credit for the images or trailer used in this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment