Friday, April 3, 2015

'What's in my Bag?' Series: Beth.

I was never a bag person. I tended to hold upwards of four things in my hands on shopping trips, forcefully shoving my money, phone, lip balm and chewies in my studded zip purse until the seams began to strain and mum declared "enough is enough".

The elusive 'handbag', to me, represented a world I never considered myself a part of where, in the words of Miranda Hart; "[women] have plants that don’t die on them. Their fruit bowl isn’t full of three-week-old rotting pears because they actually eat fruit. They have day bags, an evening bag and a clutch. For lunch, they just grab a wheat-germ smoothie in between work because that’s enough to keep them going, even though at lunch time they jogged, and enjoyed it, because they don’t have flesh that moves independently to their main frame."

I digress... The point is that I finally got a handbag this year and absolutely adore the thing. 

Depending on where I am going I tend to alternate between my beloved lemon Tilkah bag and my black Hershel backpack. The basic contents of these two bags generally consists of the following:

My kikki.K compendium in which I keep all the loose forms and to do lists for uni safely tucked away with my 2015 diary and favourite blue Delfonics wooden pen. 

50+ matte sunscreen for my sensitive, shiny, sunburn prone, pale pink face. 

Hand sanitiser which I feel like needs to be in my handbag but have never actually used. 

Mints that help me to be less self conscious after having a coffee.

Bobby pins *insert typical girl joke about them always going missing*

Sportsgirl sunnies, my second pair of the exact same style.

A book, as I have been told that you read more if you carry a book around with you. I am currently reading a book that my boyfriend bought me and am loving -House of Karls by Dr Karl Kruzelnicki. AKA Doctor Karl from Science Hour on Thursdays on Triple J. He fascinates me.

Tissues as I seem to have a constant mild cold. 

A small second hand leather purse I got from the Lost and Found Market on Lygon St.

My iPhone / lifeline. 

A voucher for one to Village Cinemas which I kindly received from my boss that I carry around on the off chance I find myself at a Westfield alone and bored before July. 

My 'Go-To' lip balm which I had in my backpack and forgot to include in the photo. The range is founded by the awe-inspiring ZoĆ« Foster Blake, and tastes like Skittles. 

'A Sentence A Day' journal that I gifted myself and my sister for Christmas, and is a project I am very happy I started. The idea is that you answer the question or prompt at the top of each page every day of the year for 3 years. I am excited to see how my answers change and what remains the same; I find it a really easy way to remain reflective and track growth in future. 

-Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment