Friday, July 4, 2014

America.


In April this year my family and I went to America for three weeks.  It was in the middle of university but I went anyway because I know I would have regretted not going and I’ve decided to try and put myself out there and have as little regrets as possible this year. I'm also at that stage in my life at UNI where I have no idea what I'm doing so it was great to have a break from reality. The places we visited were L.A, Flordia and Vegas which were all so warm however each place was very different to the other. Before I left people said that Americans were very friendly however those I encountered were mainly very sassy. The quality of life is so different in America as there is such a big divide of class where some are filthy rich whilst others are quite literally filthy poor. There was also a communication barrier between the Americans and I, as no one knew what I was talking about and they would constantly say “mam I have no idea what you're saying”. So if this is a tip in any sense SPEAK SLOW AND CLEARLY. Also it is very “first world problem” but it was such a struggle of getting someone to take a good picture of me. Some people just don’t understand good lighting and frame.

EAT:
Food over America was exactly what you would expect with the chips and burgers and after a while it is delicious it can get dull as all you want is some classic fruit and vegetables. Starbucks was also a main part of our diet every morning, however coffee was definitely not good. I think us Melbournians are real coffee lovers who appreciate real non syrup coffee?

SHOP:
Shopping was pretty good and shockingly took up a lot of time. We did most of our shopping in Urban Outfitters, American Apparel, Victoria Secret and Sephora. I don't think i’ve ever blown my money like how I did but because it’s so cheap in comparison to Australia I knew I had to. I also think I have perfumes to last a life time.

DO:
In comparison to the other places we visited Florida was definitely the best place we stayed as we went to all the Disney theme parks, that was for sure my absolute favorite as it has been forever my childhood dream. I think if you're a real 90’s kid you’d understand as every old Disney movie on VCR would have advertisements about Disney theme parks. Disney World is literally the happiest place on earth and I can't express how young and happy I felt. The theme park is massive and you literally could be there for days and still not cover everything. I still feel uncomfortable knowing there would be parts of the park that I have not seen. It’s also so crazy how many people are there, and how everyone all over the world comes together to celebrate their love of Disney and magic. I adore the idea of Walt Disney’s a man with one single idea that has brought so much happiness and joy to millions. It really goes to show how one  person can change and inspire so many “laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dream are forever” - Walt Disney. 

I  also thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the characters in the Disney parade and how they let little children walk together with them. Apparently you will never see a security guard in Disney World as they are dressed in Disney themed costumes. I think definitely my favorite ride was the Teacup Ride which my cousins and I may or may not have abused our power by staying on whilst everyone else got off. Sometimes you have to do what you want even if it means other people waiting longer for their turn (I DID NOT COME TO AMERICA FOR ONE RIDE ON THE TEA CUP!!)

Overall it was such a nice and wholesome family trip. If i had one more day in America I would have flown to New York and hung out at Central Park just like on F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I think New York would have been brilliant with the Statue of Liberty, Emirate State Building and Time Square. Also the fact that Humans of New York would be there would be a huge plus. However LA, Florida and Vegas were so much fun and it gives me a good excuse to go back to look at more places.

- O



No comments:

Post a Comment