Thursday, December 11, 2014

PRIDE

Every month my mum and I try to have a movie date night together. She is an avid movie watcher and a huge fan of Margaret and David At the Movies and she was distraught when it was announced the show would be cut (she was so distraught she changed into black that day... I wish that was a joke but its not.)

But I love going to see movies with her, she takes me to underrated, foreign and arty movies and she is always open minded and honest. So for this months movie she took me to see Pride, based on the true alliance of welsh miners with the gay and lesbian community in London during 1984. 

The actors were brilliant, so good in fact that I didn't recognise Ben Schnetzer who plays Mark in the movie who was once Max in The Book ThiefTo put into perspective how good the acting actually was one of the main actors in the movie is Imelda Staunton, the lady infamous for playing Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I have detested her for years because I think I hated Dolores Umbridge more than I ever hated Voldemort, but this movie helped me reconcile her a little bit (and I have been holding that grudge for years.) 

But it really was just a fantastic movie. It's funny, it's heart felt and it's true. The storyline was simple and wonderful and it is only made better by the fact that this was something that actually happened. People helping people, not because they had to but because they saw an injustice.

-A






*Mosaik does not take any credit for the images used in this article

No comments:

Post a Comment